- Easy installation: No special equipment and skilled labor required;
- Good thermal insulation: Due to its low thermal conductivity;
- Durability: CPVC Aquatherm® does not suffer chemical attack of substances in water. This prevents oxidation, rust or corrosion of components, and incrustations that compromise the design flow throughout the product's lifespan.
- Made of CPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl chloride): low thermal conductivity;
- Color: Beige;
- Gauge: 15, 22, 28, 35, 42 and 54mm;
- Working pressure: 6,0 kgf/cm2 or 60 meter WC conducting water at 80°C; 24.0 kgf/cm2 or 240 meter WC conducting water at 20°C;
- Maximum operating temperature: 80°C;
- Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion: 6, 12x1 0·5/,C (average);
- Chemical resistance (see CPVC's chemical resistance table on the Product Data Sheet);
- Reference Standards: NBR 15884, NBR 7198.
NBR 7198 establishes that the boiler's cold water supply pipe should be made with material resistant to the maximum allowable temperature for hot water. Therefore, it is recommended to use Aquatherm pipes and fittings on this segment, as well as using the Water Tank Adapter Aquatherm. Resistance and durability are the same as other fittings and installation is easy, following the same instructions used for the cold-water adapter. Drill a hole on the water tank according to the adapter's gauge. Use a hole saw. Remove the shavings with a file or scraper. Fit the parts on the hole and inside the tank. Screw the nut to secure the part. That's it, you have safely and quickly installed the Water Tank Adapter Aquatherm®. Now, proceed with the connection to the boiler supply. You can find more information on the Water Tank Adapter Aquatherm® in the Product Data Sheet.
Can we conduct (household) gas in Aquatherm?
No, there are no standards for this use and we don't have tests on it.
Why doesn't Tigre manufacture Thermovalve anymore?
From the latest revision of NBR 7198, heating equipment had to adjust to the maximum temperature of water use, thus Thermovalve no longer applies.
What spacing should be used for Expansion Fittings Aquatherm?
There is no set spacing, this data is taken from a calculation that considers temperatures active inside and outside the system. The engineer responsible for the construction must determine the number of fittings and their spacing.
Can Aquatherm be used exposed to the sun?
No. This line does not have protection additives against UV rays.
Can I use Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm in other lines?
Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm has a more aggressive formula, so its use is recommended only for the Aquatherm line or gauges from 50mm on weld pipes.