Easy installation: No special equipment and skilled labor required. With cold welding joints (with their own adhesive);
- Good thermal insulation: Due to its low thermal conductivity, Aquatherm® pipes and fittings do not require the application of thermal insulators when used embedded or exposed;
- Durability: CPVC Aquatherm® does not suffer chemical attack of substances in water. This prevents oxidation, rust or corrosion of components, and incrustations that compromise the design flow throughout the product's lifespan.
- Made of CPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl chloride): low thermal conductivity;
- Color: Beige;
- Gauge: 15, 22 and 28mm;
- Working pressure: 6.0 kgf/cm2 or 60 meter WC conducting water at 80°C; 24.0 kgf/cm2 or 240 meter WC conducting water at 20°C;
- Maximum operating temperature: 80°C
- Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion: 6, 12x1 0·5/,C (average);
- Chemical resistance: See CPVC's chemical resistance table on Product Data Sheet;
- Can be used in cold water installations with high pressure;
- Not suitable for conducting steam;
- Reference Standards: NBR 15884, NBR 7198 and ASTM.
Before welding, ensure that the fit between the end of the pipe and the fitting gasket joint is very tight. There must be an interference between the parts, as welding is not established if there is no pressure between the surfaces being joined. When it is necessary to make a connection to metal parts or point of consumption, for example, faucets and shower handles, or inputs and outputs of heaters, the Aquatherm line has specific transition fittings for this application. In such cases, you need to use threaded joints. On the Product Data Sheet, you can check out all instructions for use and installation of the Aquatherm® 90º Long-Turn Elbow.
Can we conduct (household) gas in Aquatherm?
No, there are no standards for this use and we don't have tests on it.
Why doesn't Tigre manufacture Thermovalve anymore?
From the latest revision of NBR 7198, heating equipment had to adjust to the maximum temperature of water use, thus Thermovalve no longer applies.
What spacing should be used for Expansion Fittings Aquatherm? "There is no set spacing, this data is taken from a calculation that considers temperatures active inside and outside the system. The engineer responsible for the construction must determine the number of fittings and their spacing.
Can Aquatherm be used exposed to the sun?
No. This line does not have protection additives against UV rays.
Can I use Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm in other lines?
Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm has a more aggressive formula, so its use is recommended only for the Aquatherm line or gauges from 50mm on weld pipes.