- Easy installation: No special equipment and skilled labor required. With cold welding joints (with their own adhesive);
- Fast repair execution: It can sustain pressure immediately after installation;
- Good thermal insulation: Due to its low thermal conductivity, Aquatherm® pipes and fittings do not require the application of thermal insulators when used embedded or exposed;
- Durability: CPVC Aquatherm® does not suffer chemical attack of substances in water. This prevents oxidation, rust or corrosion of components, and incrustations that compromise the design flow throughout the product's lifespan.
- Made of CPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl chloride): low thermal conductivity;
- Color: Beige;
- Gauge: 15, 22, 28, 35 and 42mm;
- Working pressure: 6.0 kgf/cm2 or 60 meter WC conducting water at 80°C; 24.0 kgf/cm2 or 240 meter WC conducting water at 20°C;
- Maximum operating temperature: 80°C
- Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion: 6, 12x1 0·5/,C (average);
- Chemical resistance: See CPVC's chemical resistance table on Product Data Sheet;
- Can be used in cold water installations with high pressure;
- Not suitable for conducting steam;
- Reference Standards: NBR 7198 and ASTM.
First, cut the damaged area. Remove burrs. Bevel the edges of the wall pipes. Cut a piece of the pipe with the same size of the damaged pipe: remove burrs and bevel the edges. Spread lubricating paste on the coupling O-rings. Mark on the pipe the measure corresponding to half coupling. Insert the couplings on the existing pipes until the edges show. Insert the new piece of pipe. Move the couplings, closing them (in this case, there is no need to leave room for expansion, as it is a repair). Secure the couplings to prevent them from moving. On the Product Data Sheet, you can check out all instructions for use and installation of the Aquatherm® Repair Coupling.
Can we conduct (household) gas in Aquatherm?
No, there are no standards for this use and we don't have tests on it.
Why doesn't Tigre manufacture Thermovalve anymore?
From the latest revision of NBR 7198, heating equipment had to adjust to the maximum temperature of water use, thus Thermovalve no longer applies.
What spacing should be used for Expansion Fittings Aquatherm?
There is no set spacing, this data is taken from a calculation that considers temperatures active inside and outside the system. The engineer responsible for the construction must determine the number of fittings and their spacing.
Can Aquatherm be used exposed to the sun?
No. This line does not have protection additives against UV rays.
Can I use Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm in other lines?
Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm has a more aggressive formula, so its use is recommended only for the Aquatherm line or gauges from 50mm on weld pipes.