Easy installation: No special equipment and skilled labor required. With cold welding joints (with their own adhesive);
- Good thermal insulation: Due to its low thermal conductivity, Aquatherm® pipes and fittings do not require the application of thermal insulators when used embedded or exposed;
- Durability: CPVC Aquatherm® does not suffer chemical attack of substances in water. This prevents oxidation, rust or corrosion of components, and incrustations that compromise the design flow throughout the product's lifespan.
- Made of CPVC (chlorinated polyvinyl chloride): low thermal conductivity;
- Color: Beige;
- Gauge: 15 and 22mm;
- Working pressure: 6.0 kgf/cm2 or 60 meter WC conducting water at 80°C; 24.0 kgf/cm2 or 240 meter WC conducting water at 20°C;
- Maximum operating temperature: 80°C
- Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion: 6, 12x1 0·5/,C (average);
- Chemical resistance: See CPVC's chemical resistance table on Product Data Sheet;
- Can be used in cold water installations with high pressure;
- Not suitable for conducting steam;
- Reference Standards: NBR 15884, NBR 7198.
After cleaning the parts to be welded, check the arrow indicative of water flow. Apply the Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm® Tigre in the internal gasket of the Mixing Wye as well as on the faucet parts. Turn 1/4, aligning the parts according to the two indicative arrows, and put hand pressure for 30 seconds. Remove excess adhesive with a clean cloth. Measure the depth of the faucet groove and use this measure to mark at the end of the connecting pipe. Weld the faucet groove to the end of the Aquatherm® pipe and put hand pressure for 30 seconds. Check the faucet levels. Place the faucet covers to prevent the accumulation of dirt and debris. Follow the same procedure to continue the connection. It is recommended at least one meter of Aquatherm® pipe in the entering point of cold water on the Mixing Wye. On the Product Data Sheet, you can check out all instructions for use and installation of the Aquatherm® 90º Mixing Wye.
Can we conduct (household) gas in Aquatherm?
No, there are no standards for this use and we don't have tests on it.
Why doesn't Tigre manufacture Thermovalve anymore?
From the latest revision of NBR 7198, heating equipment had to adjust to the maximum temperature of water use, thus Thermovalve no longer applies.
What spacing should be used for Expansion Fittings Aquatherm?
There is no set spacing, this data is taken from a calculation that considers temperatures active inside and outside the system. The engineer responsible for the construction must determine the number of fittings and their spacing.
Can Aquatherm be used exposed to the sun?
No. This line does not have protection additives against UV rays.
Can I use Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm in other lines?
Plastic Adhesive Aquatherm has a more aggressive formula, so its use is recommended only for the Aquatherm line or gauges from 50mm on weld pipes.