Check the strategic guidelines that routes Tigre’s sustainable development:

1 - ENSURING LEGAL AND ETHICAL COMPLIANCE IN ALL COMPANY'S ACTIONS:

A TIGRE

Tigre is a big company with manufacturing processes in various business units, located in different regions and countries. Due to the characteristics of its operations and its coverage, it has potential to beget adverse impacts on nature and on its relationship network.

Thinking about it, the company seeks to leave a positive footprint in every place where it operates. Besides the strict compliance with all rules and legislation in force, the company leads many initiatives such as the Ethics Code.

2 - EVOLVE CONTINUOUSLY SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL PRACTICES, INFLUENCING STAKEHOLDERS TO ADOPT A CULTURE OF SUSTAINABILITY

The company is a dynamic organization that constantly improve to attend the interests of publics that directly affect business success. Continuously evolve social and environmental aspects is one of Tigre's objectives, in order to influence everyone to adopt a sustainable culture.


Learn more about the initiatives:

ICRH

Tigre Group's social basis, Carlos Roberto Hansen Institute is one of the pillars of the business sustainability concept, which is built on a balance between economic activity, care for nature and assurance that the place where people live can always be better. Created in 2003, ICRH promotes activities in education, culture, sports, health and sanitation areas, which serve children and teenagers with low-income or in vulnerable situations.

CAPACITAÇÃO

We train more than 100 thousand professionals every year. Often we receive reports from people who had their first contact with Tigre on a free training offered by the company, and many of these people professionalized themselves and got their first job because of this support.

TRATA BRASIL

Through Instituto Trata Brasil, we try to alert society and governments about the importance of water and sewage treatment. The Institute is a CSPIO - Civil Society of Public Interest Organization - formed by companies that are interested in the progress of basic sanitation and protection of Brazilian water resources. Its mission is to contribute to improve population’s health and protect water resources of the country through universal access to potable water, collection services, sewage treatment and reduction of water losses. Tigre was one of the founders of Trata Brasil in 2007, and nowadays our president Otto von Sothen is the Council President.

EFICIÊNCIA ENERGÉTICA

Between 2013 and 2015, Tigre got a zero interest financing to implement a project budgeted at R $ 7.3 million, which replaced the equipment of Joinville and Rio Claro factories for latest technologies in energy efficiency. Basically, the energy efficiency project consists on technological renovation, improvements on process and behavioral actions.

USO SUSTENTÁVEL DA ÁGUA

The water sustainable usage consists on:

  • Treatment and reuse of 100% of water process.
  • Rain water capture.
  • Domestic wastewater treatment.
  • Dry towers to avoid water evaporation (gains also in energy efficiency).
  • Economic taps installation.
  • Awareness programs about resource use.

VISIT THE WEBSITE

3 - PROVIDE INNOVATIVE SOLUTIONS TO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT

The construction sector is extremely important to overcome the global sustainable development challenges. Aspects like water, materials, construction systems, combings, climate changes, infrastructure, urban development and energy efficiency are the center of this project. Through brand skills, we can provide solutions that improve the living conditions of people and planet.

Some of them are:

O USO DO PLÁSTICO NA CONSTRUÇÃO CIVIL

PLASTIC USE IN CIVIL CONSTRUCTION

Tigre was a pioneer on introducing plastic on civil construction, even in the 1950s. Nowadays, PVC is the material used in 92% of its production. PVC is recognized worldwide for being suited to sustainable construction standards and have direct impact on costs reduces.

BAIXA DEPENDÊNCIA DO PETRÓLEO

LOW OIL DEPENDENCE

One of the most important and beneficial environmental aspects of PVC is on its raw materials: chlorine, ethylene and water. The main raw material for PVC is marine salt, a naturally renewable resource. From marine salt, you get chlorine, which represents 57% of PVC weight. The remaining 43% are obtained from petroleum, used in form of ethylene. However, PVC consumes only 0.3% of world’s extracted oil.